iOS 16 public beta is officially available for download. Apple seeded the new iOS public beta update for non-developer community members to try the new iOS 16 features ahead of the public rollout later this year. The steps to installing iOS 16 public beta on your iPhone are quite simple.
Before you try to download and install iOS 16 public beta, you need to ensure that your iPhone is eligible to get the new iOS 16 update. iPhone 8 series, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 13 series and the iPhone SE 2022 are confirmed to get the new iOS 16 update later this year.
How you can install iOS 16 public beta:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Beta Software Program website via Safari.
- Tap on the “Sign up” button and enter your Apple ID credentials. If you have previously signed in, log in with your Apple ID.
- Go through the terms and conditions and click on Agree.
- Once signed in, you will see the Guide on the main screen for public betas. Tap on the iOS button to check the iOS 16 public beta installation guide.
- In the “Get Started” section, tap on “Enroll your iOS device.”
- It is important to have an archived backup of your data on the current iOS version which is installed on your iPhone. If not, go through the tutorial and take a backup.
- Once you have an archived backup, click on “Download Profile.” Next, you will see a pop-up window which says the website is trying to download a configuration profile. Tap on Allow.
- Once the steps mentioned above are done, go to your iPhone’s Settings app and tap on the “Profile Downloaded” section below your Apple ID section. Here, tap on the Install option in the top right corner. You will be asked to enter your iPhone passcode.
- Once entered, tap on Install twice, followed by Done. You will be required to restart your iPhone. Tap on the Restart option in the pop-up prompt.
- Once your iPhone has restarted, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Your iOS 16 public beta update will be downloaded. Tap on “Install now” when you are ready to update your iPhone to the iOS 16 public beta. Follow the setup from there and once done, you will be able to access the new iOS 16 features released in public beta.
It is worth noting that public betas can be buggy. One might not get the best user experience compared to a stable release. Therefore, it is important to take a backup before installing iOS 16 public beta on your iPhone. We also advise our readers to avoid installing iOS 16 public beta on your primary iPhone.